gst-launch crash

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Dec 3 06:43:42 PST 2015

Le jeudi 03 décembre 2015 à 14:22 +0000, David Jaggard a écrit :
> An error box popped up on the screen with the following message:
> (gst-launch-1.0:1012):GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:103: failed to allocate
> 3453035 bytes
>
> The memory usage for the process had sky-rocketed to 1161.5MB

Ok, now we know why type of crash this is. If you manage to get gdb
running, try setting the environment G_DEBUG=fatal_errors . This will
cause the program to abort on the allocation failure (the assertion),
and the backtrace will be much more useful. We should see what is being
allocated, and maybe find what is going wrong.

cheers,
Nicolas