Passing GstTagList* through a gpointer of GstPadProbeCallback invalidates object

pneves pneves at airborneprojects.com
Fri Dec 4 06:29:27 PST 2015

Hi,

I am experiencing some strange problem that I would like some input from the
community. Specifically I have a class with a member of GstTagList* which is
initialized in the constructor by:

tag_list = gst_tag_list_new_empty();
gst_pad_add_probe (jifmuxer_pad, GST_PAD_PROBE_TYPE_BUFFER,
(GstPadProbeCallback) injectTags, tag_list, NULL);

Then, in the injectTags callback I use

static GstPadProbeReturn injectTags (GstPad *pad, GstPadProbeInfo *info,
gpointer user_data) {
  gst_pad_push_event (pad, gst_event_new_tag (GST_TAG_LIST(user_data)));
  return GST_PAD_PROBE_OK;
}

What happens is that after some tag events I start getting [...] assertion
'GST_IS_TAG_LIST (list)' failed) and no changes are made anywhere else to
the tag_list that would invalidate the pointer.

Does anybody have suggestions?

Best regards
Paulo Neves