Ravenna/AES67 protocol: before starting the journey...

Roberto Grossi grossi.roberto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 04:47:45 PST 2015

Thanks Sebastian, I am interest in your implementation.

As for point 3, this is a sample SDP info (the last three lines are
optional):

v=0
o=- 1 0 IN IP4 169.254.19.237
s=Session Test Name
t=0 0
a=clock-domain:PTPv2 0
m=audio 5004 RTP/AVP 98
c=IN IP4 232.249.178.198/1
a=rtpmap:98 L24/44100/8
a=sync-time:0
a=framecount:32-64
a=ptime:1.4512471
a=mediaclk:direct=0

a=maxptime:1.4512471
a=udp-src:8554
a=rtcp:5005

The ptime attribute indicates the preferred packet time (= framecount *
1000 / samplingFrequency)
Some documentation is here:

http://s10552c2bc54233da.jimcontent.com/download/version/1443433736/module/11950353523/name/RAVENNA___AES67_V1.0.pdf

In general, it would be nice also to let one specify:
RTP port number = even number (e.g. 5004)
RTCP port number = RTP port number + 1 (e.g. 5005)
TTL time-to-live (e.g. 1)
UDP port numbr (e.g. 8554)

Regards
Roberto