Simulate v4l2src with filesrc

mariannasb mariannasb at yahoo.com.br
Wed Dec 9 02:34:05 PST 2015

I want to be able to simulate a v4l2src using a captured stream with a
filesrc.
What Im interested in is how to get a constant fps.

If I run:
v4l2src ! video/x-raw, framerate=40/1 ! ...some image processing filters...
! fakesink

I get frames at 25ms interval (as expected)

If I then swap v4l2src for filesrc:
filesrc location=video.avi ! decodebin ! video/x-raw, framerate=40/1 !
...some image processing filters... ! fakesink

I get frames at 15ms interval (which is the time that the image filters take
to process the image).
How can I make the frames come out at 25ms interval instead?
Note: duplicating/dropping frames is unacceptable

The file is an avi of made of png images...

I have also tried using multifilesrc caps="image/png, framerate=40/1" !
pngdec ! ... ! fakesink
with similar results