Delay loading of GStreamer DLLs on Windows

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 03:14:34 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan
<nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Andy Robinson <andy at seventhstring.com> wrote:
>> If anyone knows an easier / more elegant solution then please speak up!
>>

> Is using LoadLibrary() not an option for you? It should work similar
> to dlopen() on Linux and does not require the DLL to be present at
> link time. It only requires the library to be present in the search
> path at runtime.

Apologies; I missed that you mentioned that in your initial email.
There is no other option since all symbols must be resolved at link
time. As far as I know, there is no workaround for that.

If I were you, I'd just ship the gstreamer libraries with the
application unconditionally. No point doing all this work to save a
few MBs. :)

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan