How to save from rtspsrc to filesink?

Giacomo D omagico.olo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 22:39:30 PST 2015

*Hi Ivan and Thanks for your answer!
I'm not using a VLC command line (because I'm not able to do it) but I open
VLC interface and setup it like below:*

        Setting up .mp4 files
            Open VLC and from the "Media" menu, choose the "Stream..."
option.
            In the "Open Media" dialog that opens, select the file you want
to stream.
                It can be a video file from your PC or from the network, or
a disc.
                To add a file from your PC, select the "File" tab, press on
"Add..." button,
                browse to your file, select it and then press "Open".
                This will add the selected file under the "File Selection"
zone.
            Press on the "Stream" button. The "Stream Output" wizard dialog
will open.
            Press on the "Next" button to go to the "Destination Setup"
area.
            Select the destination for your stream from RTSP and then press
the "Add" button.
            Configure the details for the chosen streaming protocol: port
number (port_of_number)
                and a valid path of the device you'd like to allow streaming
                (rtsp://server_ip:server_port/path).
            Press the "Next" button to go "Transcoding Options" area.
            Disable the "Activate Transcoding" option.
            Check "Elementary Streams"
            Click OK. You are now streaming.

*and I get this output generated string ":sout=#rtp{sdp=rtsp://:8555/stream}
:sout-all :sout-keep".
How can I stream a mp4 file from VLC command line?

Thanks for your help!
G.*