playbin application: no caps event in sink after audio change + flush seek

mx3L mx3ldev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 05:34:12 PST 2015

Hello,

As title suggest, we are using playbin in our application. Also we are using
custom audio/video sink which accepts non-raw data, with sync on clock
turned off.

When we change audio track by "current-audio" playbin's property, we are
doing immediately flush seek to current playback position. After this
operation, we are sometimes missing caps event in audiosink, so we cannot
instruct hw decoder what input buffers will it get, i.e. we have no sound.

Is it possible that we flush caps-event by flush seek which we do
immediately after we change audio track?
If I first do flush seek and then immediately change audio the track,
problem looks to disappear, i.e we have always caps event in audiosink. Is
this correct solution or should we wait for flush seek to happen and then
change audio track?

Thank you

PS we are doing flush seek, because our audio device to which we write to in
audiosink has it's own buffer(~5 MB), so if we change audio-track without
flush seek, we will get buffers much ahead of current playback time.