gst-rtsp-server multiple clients bottleneck

Krutskikh Ivan stein.hak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 11:57:31 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm using gst-rtsp-server with python to distribute ip cam streams on
linux. When I have about 10-20 GstRTSPMediaFactory
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-rtsp-server/html/GstRTSPMediaFactory.html>
mounted everything is fine with any number of clients.

But when I use increase the number of cameras to 30-60 (media factories)
and apply some load, I cannot connect to some of the mount points. When the
load is gone, I can connect with all of my mounpoints just fine.

It's seams that I'm hitting a bottleneck somewhere. Maybe there are some
properties I can set to allow more mounpoints/clients viewing my streams?

Thanks in advance!