When seek rate is set in reverse the current position isn’t updated.

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 14 00:55:41 PST 2015

On Fr, 2015-12-11 at 17:04 +0000, Nick.Adamson at gdlsuk.com wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I’ve come across something with Gstreamer I can’t explain. I assume
> I’ve missed a step somewhere however I can’t work out where.
>
> I’m playing a file, I’ve tried it with both an MPG video and an OGG
> audio file. My application is using uridecodebin in to playsink.

Which GStreamer version and which sinks are used for audio and video?
Also is this from a local file?

> I’m using the seek command to fast forward and rewind through the
> media file. Initially this works fine and I can hear the audio file
> going backward and forward.
> [...]

The code looks correct, at least nothing obviously wrong. You should
check the debug logs to see where the position query exactly goes and
why it is answered with a wrong value. In theory the audio/video sink
should answer the query, and should return the value you're expecting.
So I would expect a bug in one of those two.