Bug in dynamic pipeline example code

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 14 01:06:23 PST 2015

On Fr, 2015-12-11 at 14:30 +0000, David Jaggard wrote:
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/
> section-dynamic-pipelines.html
>
> At this point:
>   if (GST_EVENT_TYPE (GST_PAD_PROBE_INFO_DATA (info)) !=
> GST_EVENT_EOS)
>     return GST_PAD_PROBE_OK;
>
> I believe this should return GST_PAD_PROBE_PASS to pass the event on
> down to the next element without blocking.
>
> Also, a couple of lines below that is the comment:
> /* push current event back into the queue */
> This should say "current effect". It's a very confusing comment in
> the context of this callback.

Thanks for reporting this, you're right. I fixed this now in GIT:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/commit/?id=ad5c97e44eaf3584e8777a35865804e129d9234e

The OK vs PASS was not really a problem here in practice as there never
was a different event than EOS (in this specific pipeline), but of
course it's better to do it right :)