Upgrading from gstreamer 1.4.5 to 1.6.1 lags a lot reading a stream

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Dec 16 01:37:38 PST 2015

On Mi, 2015-12-16 at 10:28 +0100, stic at free.fr wrote:
> Yes, with gstreamer 1.4 using fakesink sync=true max-
> lateness=20000000 does not produce the warnings.

Can you try to generate a minimal pipeline that shows the behaviour?
Not with playbin but something with just filesrc, the relevant
demuxer/parser, decoder element and fakesink?

So that we can restrict the problem to a smaller set of elements
already. Also please check if the caps on the srcpad of the decoder are
the same in both cases.