Playing a VOD HLS feed backwards stops playback

Arjen Veenhuizen arjen.veenhuizen at tno.nl
Wed Dec 16 08:45:50 PST 2015

Using GIT MASTER, I am trying to play an VOD HLS stream backwards with
different rates (e.g. -1.0, -2.0, -4.0, etc). Sending a seek_event with a
positive rate works just fine, but with a negative rate makes the pipeline
stall or jump to the beginning of the stream.

My basic pipeline looks like:

I also throw in some queues and a videconvert + videoscale element.

The event I send for a positive rate (works fine):

The event I send for a negative rate (doesn't work):

Based on the information at [1], I am not sure I am setting the proper
SeekTypes and SeekFlags, but is this possible at all?

[1]
https://developer.gnome.org/gstreamer/stable/gstreamer-GstEvent.html#gst-event-new-seek

Ps. I push the seekEvent on the video_src_pad of