Upgrading from gstreamer 1.4.5 to 1.6.1 lags a lot reading a stream

stic at free.fr stic at free.fr
Wed Dec 16 09:45:24 PST 2015

I need more time to build the pipeline without using decodebin because it requires to change some code...
But I found that by replacing libgstgl-1.0.a, libgstopengl.a and libgstplayback.a from the one in sdk 1.4 fixes my issue. Now everything is smooth and I have no more warnings with my pipeline.
I had to change libgstgl and libgstopengl (for glimagesink) because changing libgstplayback alone (for decodebin) was giving better results but it was not as good as with sdk 1.4, it was still lagging quite a lot.
Replacing both completely fixed my problem.
I know this is not a very clean way to find the cause of the problem but it was easier and faster to me for now.