AW: Timestamping problem

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Fri Dec 18 00:50:17 PST 2015

I have discovered that what I thought was the problem is in fact not the problem.
I am recording a 30 second video. Our application logic analyses the frames and decides that a certain region is interesting for our customers.
I play it back by sending seek to the pipeline
E.G.
ret = gst_element_seek(m_pPipeline, 1.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME, static_cast<GstSeekFlags>(GST_SEEK_FLAG_KEY_UNIT | GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH), GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, m_from, GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, m_till);
where m_from could be something like 6422000000 and m_till could be 16442000000.
I can repeat this for one and the same video several times
The pipeline is in PLAYING but sometimes the return code is 0 and sometimes the return code is 1
Which means sometimes it plays the whole 30 seconds and sometimes the required 10 seconds.
This is the problem which I am trying to solve.