Upgrading from gstreamer 1.4.5 to 1.6.1 lags a lot reading a stream

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Dec 19 02:24:08 PST 2015

On Do, 2015-12-17 at 11:52 +0100, stic at free.fr wrote:
> Yes, I checked again, and I have to replace both
> libgstgl/libgstopengl AND libgstplayback to get same performance as
> before.

Ok, it's curious that the GL plugin had to be changed even in the
pipeline with fakesink. That doesn't make much sense as it wouldn't be
used at all there. But you can confirm that you need to replace all
even for the fakesink pipeline?

I think this one here needs someone who can reproduce your problem
(i.e. you unless you can provide a testcase) to do proper debugging why
this happens and what exactly the difference is.