rtp and ptime

symeon.mattes symeon.mattes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 05:58:09 PST 2015

Hi,

I have the following pipeline for streaming data from a microphone of an
iPhone to another device:

osxaudiosrc->audioconvert->audioresample->alawenc->rtppcmapay->queue->udpsink

and setting to the properties of the ufdpsink the appropriate port, host
address and bind-port.

I have noticed through wireshark traces that the rtp frame package varies
which creates some issues to my application. I have looked around and I have
found that this time is also called ptime. I wonder if it's possible to
control the ptime of the rtp package somehow.

Thanks in advance