Playing with element transitions

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Dec 24 00:30:36 PST 2015

On Mi, 2015-12-23 at 15:45 -0800, waldemar wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction on how to modify
> element properties while the pipeline is rendering??
>
> Like... if there's an internal loop I can get access to, so that I
> could change the value of an element's property to have transitions
> on the video (moving a video from point a to point b for example).

Many properties of elements can be changed at any time you want from
any thread you want, so you could do that from your application.

Alternatively there's the GstController infrastructure which allows to
set a timeline of values on a property and interpolate between them, or
to set a function with which the property should change over time.

You can find some examples here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/tests/examples/controller