DeckLink plugin for Windows

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Dec 24 00:32:15 PST 2015

On Mi, 2015-12-23 at 11:41 -0800, Sepehr Laal wrote:
> I have read in 1.6 release notes that DeckLink plugin has been
> reworked and I noticed there is also potential support for Windows in
> its repository. I thought I'd give it a shot.
>
> Since DeckLink plugin is not included in the SDK, is there any
> instructions on how to get it compiled using cerbero for Windows 64
> bit ?
>
> I have tried cross compiling gst-plugins-bad, but it does not output
> a plugin DLL for DeckLink. This is the command I used to cross
> compile:
>
> cerbero -c config/cross-win64.cbc build gst-plugins-bad-1.0

The main part that is missing for this is relevant changes in the build
system here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/sys/decklink/Makefile.am#n33

Someone on Windows will have to check what is needed there to build it
on Windows, and then make sure that the resulting plugin actually works
too. After that, we can integrate the changes and include the plugin in
the binaries.