GstRTSPSrc dynamic pad iteration problem

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Dec 26 02:37:32 PST 2015

On Do, 2015-12-24 at 06:55 -0800, Orkun wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get ip cam streams and saving png images in some period
> and I'm also doing it on command line with "gst-launch1.0 rtspsrc
> location=usr:pw@<ip>/cam/realmonitor... ! rtph264depay ! h264parse !
> omxh264dec ! videorate ! video/x-raw,framerate=1/1 ! pngenc !
> multifilesink
> location=/home/pi/im_%03d.png". I'm also created all elements and
> pipeline and linked them with a for loop without rtspsrc-
> >rtph264depay and videorate -> filter -> pngenc and before that for
> loop linked rtspsrc to rtph264depay with a callback as what ADM 1.6.2
> page 30 subject 8.1.1 says. The link was created for first time but
> then it's not linking.
> [...]
>     if (gst_element_link_pads(e, name, depayloader, "sink") == FALSE)
>     {
>         g_print("'rtspsrc' and 'rtph264depay' did not linked\nProgram
> ending...\n");

If I understand you correctly, this is what fails? But what happens
here according to your logs seems to be that multiple srcpads are added
on the rtspsrc but you link them always to the same rtph264depay. That
can't work, you can only link a pad once and need to unlink it first
otherwise.

From the GStreamer debug logs you should first of all check why rtspsrc
is adding multiple srcpads, it seems like this is already unexpected in
your case. And once that is known we can try to find a solution for
that.