gstreamer rtsp h264 -> udp vp8 memory leak

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Dec 26 02:43:42 PST 2015

On Fr, 2015-12-25 at 11:00 +0300, Антон Владимирович wrote:

> I am trying to streaming rtsp stream coming from camera(H264 format).
> I am using following gst command to do streaming:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 [...]
>
> There is RAM mermory is gradually increasing.
> Does gStreamer has memory leak. or there is problem in my pipeline
> command?

Try if the problem still happens with a more recent version of
GStreamer, e.g. some 1.6 version. GStreamer 0.10 is no longer
maintained and supported since more than 3 years now.

For your pipeline, setting latency to 0 generally doesn't make sense
and the buffer-mode property should only ever be changed if you exactly
know what it is doing. 0 is most likely not the buffer-mode that you
want here (why do you think you want 0?).