Add or remove elements to (from) a tee dynamically

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Dec 26 02:57:22 PST 2015

On Do, 2015-12-24 at 08:33 -0800, trinitonadam wrote:
> OK, thanks
> I tried this formula and I got the following error:
>
> ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0:
> Internal data flow error.
> Additional debug info:
> gstbasesrc.c(2943): gst_base_src_loop ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0:
> streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)
> [...]
>
> What mistake I made in this code?

Almost nobody will take the time to read that much code and try to find
the problem in there. Please try to do some debugging yourself to
isolate the problem and then ask specific questions. More specific than
"does not work" and 1000 lines of code :)

In your case here, check all places in your code where the alsasrc or
anything linked to it downstream could be producing data (that is: it's
not blocked on the srcpad and in state >= PAUSED), while at some point
the srcpad is unlinked. You will find the exact pad that is unlinked in
the GStreamer debug logs (search for the first occurence of "not-
linked" in the log).

My guess is that you're unlinking something downstream of the alsasrc
without blocking the srcpad before it. Blocking could be achieved with
a IDLE or BLOCK probe on the pad.