Memory usage increases during receive packets with udpsrc

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Dec 27 23:47:53 PST 2015

On Sa, 2015-12-26 at 15:12 +0330, Mahdi Keshtegar wrote:
> I use "gstreamer-1.0-x86_64-1.6.1".
> I replaced autovideosink with fakesink, still there is the problem.
> However If I add dump=true after fakesink, the memory usage will not
> increase. I think this problem is related to udpsrc

dump=true on fakesink does nothing other than printing the buffers to
stdout. This shouldn't have any effect on memory usage, it should only
slow down a bit.

Can you reduce the pipeline even more? Try removing the depayloader and
just connect the udpsrc to a fakesink. Does it still have increasing
memory usage?

How are you measuring memory usage, does it increase approximately with
the same speed as packets are arriving?