Re: How do I decide whether a method-function pointer belongs in the instance structure or class structure in GObject? but in gstreamer more function pointers put into instance structure,why?

zhang007z zhang007z at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 00:57:29 PST 2015

According to OOP concept and GObject conventional advice, try to put function
method pointers of instance structure into class structure. I realize that
function pointers of gstreamer instance structure also entirely could put
into class structure. I don't understand that why some pointers put into
instance structure and other some put into class structure? Is its cause
relation with the mechanism of implementating gstreamer? or is it only the
convention of gstreamer ?

I feel that for instance virtual method the subinstance structure also could
overriden in parent instance structure, for example, I use subinstance
initializer function to assign new function pointer to parent instance
structure 's method pointer,I think this way also can implementate
inheriting of parent virtual method. but it isn't only conventionally advise
in GObject that function method pointers are overridden in inheriting
instance. do I not know that if I understand this correctly ?