Gstreamer dropping samples and voice cracking when using g722

able.eldhose able.eldhose at vvdntech.in
Mon Feb 2 02:05:14 PST 2015

I am trying to create a g722 based audio streaming application.

For that i tried the below pipeline which samples from mic, encode it ,
decode it and output to the headphone

    gst-launch-0.10 -v alsasrc ! 'audio/x-raw-int,channels=1,rate=16000' !
ffenc_g722 ! ffdec_g722 ! alsasink

When i run this in my PC it work perfect, but when i use this in a embedded
linux board, voice is cracking heavily and cant hear anything useful.

Iam using a zedboard based on zynq-7000.

Debug prints shows like below

    Additional debug info:
    gstbaseaudiosrc.c(840): gst_base_audio_src_create ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0:
    Dropped 3200 samples. This is most likely because downstream can't keep
up and is consuming samples too slowly.
    WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0: Can't
record audio fast enough

When i removed g722 from the pipeline it works well on the board with good
sound clarity.

My basic requirement was to stream audio to a multicast IP group using
gstreamer and g722 encoding. Any hint for correcting this issue will be very
helpfull...