Question about integrating proprietary h264 encoders in gstreamer

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Feb 3 08:33:46 PST 2015

Le 02/03/2015 09:03 AM, Ottavio Campana a écrit :
> The problem that I faced was that I am having horrible performance, because I need to copy the acquired frame into a GstBuffer per passing it to the GstVideoEncoder and this makes the whole thing terribly slow.

You don't have to.

> I checked v4l2src, as far as I understand it also copies the acquired frame before re-enqueuing it in the driver, which is something I want to avoid.

There is alternative io-mode that don't require copying. Depends on the
driver, depends on who allocated and who consume. v4l2src can also offer
it's own buffer to downstream and track these buffer life time, so they
are reused when they come back.

Nicolas

--
   Visit Collabora on the Web at https://www.collabora.com/