imx6 / mainline linux / basic problems

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Feb 5 08:41:23 PST 2015

Le 02/05/2015 11:25 AM, Ian Molton a écrit :
> On 05/02/15 13:11, Carlos Rafael Giani wrote:
>
>> Oh, and what's with the v4l2video1dec, v4l2video5dec etc. names?
>
> They are, apparently, how its done... I don't like it, as it broke
> spectacularly when I added a new device in /dev/video. I would have
> thought a better way than a dynamically renaming plugin would be
> v4l2videodec in=/dev/videoX, out=/dev/videoY (or surely it can
> autoprobe based on information in /sys?)

These dynamic plugins aren't supposed to be hardcoded in your pipeline.
It's designed for auto pluging only (use decodebin). There is patches in
bugzilla that propose adding a configurable v4l2videodec element for
development and fixed pipeline only. Though they won't help if the
device node changing. If you have a need for hardcoding, use UDEV to
fixate the device name (and then you can get nicer name instead of v4l2
<videoN> dec.

About in=devX out=devY, it's completly wrong. In V4L2, decoders are M2M
device and only have 1 device node.

> On further investigation, I've now got some sort of hardware colourspace
> conversion working. I didn't realise before, but you gave me the idea to
> try this:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=
> /home/ian/Downloads/big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov ! qtdemux ! h264parse
> ! queue ! v4l2video5dec ! queue ! v4l2video0convert ! "video/x-raw,
> format=RGB16" ! fbdevsink sync=false
>
> for some reason, v4l2video0convert doesn't seem to negotiate correctly
> with fbdevsink. But sometimes it does, which confuses me.

This is what I meant when I said Jean-Michel is working on the
integration. It's a mix of bugs, mostly in the driver.

cheers,
Nicolas