imx6 / mainline linux / basic problems

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Feb 5 08:45:27 PST 2015

Le 02/05/2015 11:18 AM, Carlos Rafael Giani a écrit :
> Yeah, my thought as well. But another very relevant question is what to
> use as the video sink. Doesn't the v4l video sink work? fbdevsink will
> always be slow. Ideally, v4l could be used for output as well, without
> CPU frame copies.

This is not (yet) dynamic. But some driver can do USERPTR and DMABUF.
See the io-mode (for src and sink) and output-io-mode/capture-io-mode
parameters. This all depends on driver support. Though for fbdevsink,
there is probably no hope. I know few people have started attempted at
writing drmsink elements, none has been upstreamed.

Nicolas