Gstreamer GL context share and sdlshare example

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Mon Feb 9 07:57:49 PST 2015

Hi All,

I'm at it again with gstreamer and GL. The sdlshare example uses a
fakesink and a gleffects element in which the SDL glcontext is passed. I
recall that this was a discussion before as it could be done more simple
(more efficient??

I would expect a videotestsrc ! glimagesink should be sufficient,
right?

The glimagesink has an "other-context" parameter which I can pass the
SDL context. Then I can use the client-draw calls to receive a new
texture.

Am I right in this approach? Any other examples out there?

Currently I'm using debian provided 1.4.4 for tests.

Rg,

Arnaud