v4l2 element stay in READY state

Russell danrenjian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:50:30 PST 2015

Hi,

I was trying this pipeline to feed rtsp stream into a v4l2 virtual loopback
device:
gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtspaddress ! decodebin ! v4l2sink

Terminal gave this output and stops, and there are no video in the v4l2
device:
Progress: (request) Sending PLAY request
Progress: (request) Sending PLAY request
Progress: (request) Sent PLAY request

So I am implementing the pipeline in c to see what happened. decodebin and
v4l2sink are added and linked on on pad-added event. Eventually I found the
v4l2sink element stay in READY state while the other two are PLAYING. I
have set v4l2sink to PLAYING asynchronously but the state does not change.

What is the matter here? and where I can find any detailed reason why
v4l2sink cannot go to PLAYING state?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Russell