multiple video streams into one app

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Fri Feb 13 15:06:45 PST 2015

I'm trying to receive multiple RTP video streams into a single app.
As I want to use some shaders on them I'm using GL plugin.

What would be the best approach?

First approach I tried is based on the cube example using the
client-draw event. This works for one stream. But I haven't been able to
get this to work with two streams.

Second approach is based on the sdlshare example. This seems a better
approach although the whole fakesink and async queue seems a bit
cumbersome. Shouldn't this be more simple?

Another approach could be the appsink? But that implies going back to
system mem, right?

I'm a bit lost now that I moved to the git master branch to have latest
features but the API has changed as well (i.e. no more context setting).
What approach should I pursue?

Rg,

Arnaud