v4l2src with NV12: failed to map video frame

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Feb 16 09:29:13 PST 2015

Le 02/16/2015 11:11 AM, Frédéric Sureau a écrit :
> However, when I use GStreamer, it works fine with YUY2 format, but not
> with NV12.
> Here is what I get:
>
> # gst-launch-1.0 -evvv v4l2src
> device=/dev/v4l/by-path/platform-v4l2cap\@ipu1-video-index4 !
> "video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=1280,height=720,framerate=50/1" ! fakesink

Would it be possible to provide a debug trace. A good level could be:

   GST_DEBUG="v4l2*:7,3" gst-launch-1.0 ...

Would be nice to also provide more information about your driver. Some
important information like if it's using single or multi-planar API to
represent NV12. Though, such a trace should already tell. From there I
should be able to sort out if it's driver or GStreamer issue.

cheers,
Nicolas