Google Summer of Code: Proposals and Mentors

Sreerenj Balachandran bsreerenj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 04:42:08 PST 2015

Hi Guys,
There are number of stuffs to be done in gstreamer-vaapi.
Basically any item from this list :
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&list_id=3429&product=gstreamer-vaapi
If it is okay please add an item like "gstreamer-vaapi: Optimization
and feature implementation"

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Sebastian Dröge
<sebastian at centricular.com> wrote:
> On Mi, 2015-02-18 at 13:08 +0100, Sérgio Agostinho wrote:
>> It would be great to have more hw encoders available in androidmedia.
>
> I don't think that's a good idea for a GSoC project as it requires
> having a lot of different Android devices available. The problem is
> mostly that the android.media.MediaCodec encoder API is completely
> hardware specific in a few places.
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · http://www.centricular.com

Regards,