Trying to compile GStreamer for windows for static linking

JonnyJP j.p.murrow at dunelm.org.uk
Wed Feb 18 07:05:56 PST 2015

Thanks.

Unfortunately the .libs contained in those do not contained compiled code.
This means that when you statically link against the .lib it still needs to
be resolved with the .dll.

Normally I'd expect the .lib to contain the compiled code. Then if you only
statically link, say, 5% of a 10mb library only 5% of 10mb (i.e. 500k) is
added to your .exe.

In this case we need to have the full 10mb bundled alongside our .exe which
means we're using up 9.5mb of space we need.

(PS the file sizes above are arbitrary)