Building GStreamer SDK from latest sources for ARM/Android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Feb 19 00:12:16 PST 2015

On Di, 2015-02-17 at 14:07 -0700, Steve Johnson wrote:
> I’m trying to find the procedures for building GStreamer SDK from latest sources for ARM/Android. From what I can tell, cerbero is for building releases from available packages. I’m new to GStreamer development - are there any docs online for this?
>
> I would like to execute the build on a Mac OS X machine, but have a Ubuntu 14.04 VM if that is required.

Get the master branch of cerbero from here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/

Then instructions are in the README, but basically you do
./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android.cbc bootstrap
./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android.cbc package gstreamer-1.0

This will work for Android on Linux and OS X. Building for Android on
Windows is currently not supported.