Asynchronous state change

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu Feb 19 03:00:41 PST 2015

On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 11:40 +0100, Alicia Romero wrote:

Hi,

> I want to change the state of a pipeline and wait till the pipeline
> has the wanted state.
>
> Is there a way to know when the pipeline has change to the state we
> set before?

You get state change messages on the pipeline's bus (make sure to also
check for message->src == pipeline), only when you set the pipeline to
NULL state you won't get any messages for that.

You will also get an ASYNC_DONE message to signal that the pipeline has
prerolled, at which point you can usually query duration and do seeks
and things like that.

Cheers
 -Tim