Performance issue x264enc streaming

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Feb 24 06:12:01 PST 2015

Le 2015-02-24 08:45, FranckyBoy a écrit :
> udpsrc port=1234 ! application/x-rtp,payload=96,clock-rate=90000 !
> rtph264depay ! decodebin ! autovideosink sync=false
>
> Now my question is why i'm getting only 1 frame/sec.
The video is small enough, most Android device should be able to handle
that in software. I think the reason is that all your buffers are late.
Your pipeline requires basically that there is no network latency.
Adding a rtpjitterbuffer after udpsrc should allow for some latency
(configurable through latency property, plus you get reordering).

Nicolas