Issue with gstreamer plugin

hassan yamin hassanmailbox4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 05:27:39 PST 2015

Dear,
         I am trying to send encrypted video between two PC's using
RTPGSTPAY  & RTPGSTDEPAY through UDP in gstreamer. I conducted some
experiments in this regard which are listed below with related issues:

------------------------------------
1).
 sender:
   gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! rtpgstpay ! udpsink localhost

receiver: (same PC)
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)application,
clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)X-GST, payload=(int)96" !
rtpgstdepay ! xvimagesink

This pipeline works fine as long as the receiver is running before sending
data. If the receiver is launched after sending, the receiver does not
works and states error of "missing caps 0"

-------------------------------------

2). Sending data on network:

sender:
   gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! rtpgstpay ! udpsink host="192.168.xxx.xxx"
port="xxxx"

receiver:
gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc  port="xxxx" caps="application/x-rtp,
media=(string)application,
clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)X-GST, payload=(int)96" !
rtpgstdepay ! xvimagesink

This pipeline also gives the same error as above: "missing caps 0" even if
the receiver is launched before sending.

Kindly help me in this regard that how can I send encrypted video between
two PC's using RTPGSTPAY & RTPGSTDEPAY using gstreamer. I have also
searched the internet regarding this, and other people are also stating
this issue with RTPGSTPAY.

Regards,
Hassan