strange interaction with imagefreeze and input selector

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Jan 1 02:51:00 PST 2015

On 12/31/2014 10:14 PM, Thomas Green wrote:
> I am having an issue where I have a live video stream, an image input with imagefreeze, going through an input selector.... the pipeline looks(vaguely) like this
>

> appsrc --> h264legacyparse --> h264decode --
>                                                                                              \
>                                                                                                ----
>                                                                                                ----      Input selector ----- videosink
>                                                                                             /
> filesrc --> jpegdec --> imagefreeze ------------
>

> I switch from the live stream to the imagefreeze stream and it works well, then I switch back to the live stream, and still looks good.  But when I finally switch back to the imagefreeze stream, then the output is un-recognizable.  Just junk.  Is there something that I'm missing from my pipeline to get the output to be able to switch back and for arbitrarily many times?  Am I mis-understanding how the input selector works?
>
> Thanks in  advance....
>
> Tom
The pipeline looks good. Can you narrrow it down, e.g. replace the
"appsrc --> h264legacyparse --> h264decode" part with videotestsrc? Can
you post a screenshot of the junk on some image-pastebin and add the
link here? If it still happens with videotestsrc a standalone example
that can be turned into a test case later would be great.

Stefan