Usage of sync=false in rendering

Gokul Vellingiri vgokul129 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 08:56:31 PST 2015

I'm trying to stream video from v4l2src to my android mobile using gstreamer
pipeline.Pipeline is working fine and be able to stream video,but latency
and frame drop is seen.By adding *syn=false to fpsdisplaysink *element,be
able to see very less frame drop but playback getting delayed.

I don't know the exact use of sync=false.So can someone suggest some
difference or exactly on what perspective do these factors(sync=false and
true) affect the rendering?