RTSP Stream in GStreamer is Jittery on Android

pankaj bansal pankaj.bansal.jiit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 10:27:06 PST 2015

Hi I have an h264 file which I am streaming using live555. I tried the
stream using GStreamer, vlc android client and Android API Player. On
Gstreamer the Stream is very jittery. The fps is very low and it jumps from
frame to frame. On vlc its a lot better but on the Android API it runs very
smooth.

I have switched to GStreamer because I need very low latency and Android
API does not allow you to change the initial buffer time. In Gstreamer I
think its possible to get very low latency.

I have tested 2 h264 files. One is 1280x768 and other is 1980x1080, but
results are similar though in low resolution, it runs better

Also one weird thing happens is when I stream the file with 1980x1080
resolution with GStreamer, my wifi disconnects. I have to connect it again.
Its weird but it happens always.

For GStreamer I have used the Tutorial-5.

Any help ?

Regards
Pankaj Bansal