Using mp4mux with faststart option produces empty file

stic at free.fr stic at free.fr
Thu Jan 8 02:26:25 PST 2015

Thanks. So I understand that I could use fragment-duration to have a "fragmented" output.
But if I can't have the headers to be written at the beginning of the stream, will it be still playable by VLC or other players that can read fragmented files ?
If the headers are mandatory, is there something that can produce a playable stream where headers are written with each fragment ?
Is that something similar to dash ?
And if dash looks like what I need, are there any usable elements in gstreamer to produces dash for a live content ?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to understand and see more clearly what can be done.
Thank you very much !