bufferpool: is it possible wait all memory writalbe, nor free the buffer?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Jan 9 11:05:40 PST 2015

Le 01/09/2015 11:33 AM, Bing Song a écrit :
> Our expection of video buffer pool is reuse memory. Is it possible only release buffer to buffer pool when memory refer count is zero? Nor buffer ref count is zero.

The memory are reference by the buffer itself, so they won't reach zero.
That is why is not so trivial to catch when GstMemory are now writable
again. Some core changes would be needed. Also, buffers may have been
changed in a way that they are no longer recoverable. This case is
unfortunate and element should not do that unless the gain of doing so
is bigger then the gain of pooling.

cheers,
Nicolas