bufferpool: is it possible wait all memory writalbe, nor free the buffer?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Sun Jan 11 09:37:40 PST 2015

Le 2015-01-11 11:04, Bing Song a écrit :
> We are developing camera application based on camerabin. This is blocking issue we are facing. We have custom allocator based on V4L2 and use default video buffer pool. What's your suggestion to fix the issue? Is you solution ready?
If buffer don't get back to the pool in GstV4l2BufferPool I would not
worry to much since the GstV4L2Allocator already have this pooling
behaviour Sebastian mention. I also did myself some test to try and
measure the performance when buffer are being discarded and
re-allocatate. I could not get any significant difference. The fact is
that for V4L2 case, re-allocation does not require any OS call, since
everything is pre-allocated.

cheers,
Nicolas