Source push plugin

Luis dArquer Luis.dArquer at lotusf1team.com
Wed Jan 14 03:35:12 PST 2015

Hi all,

I have been working for a few days on a plugin for gstreamer 1.0. This plugin is intended to view data from an Optris thermal camera using gst-launch pipelines.

I have got the base skeleton for the plugin, based on the "Plugin Writer's Guide (1.4.5)". I based my plugin on the GstPushSrc plugin. Basically it includes all the class/object definition boilerplate, and overrides the gstbasesrc->start and gstpushsrc->create methods. As a result I have defined:

_class_init: sets details and adds pad template (defined before with GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE)
_init (object): does nothing.
_start: sets blocksize and call _start_complete
_create: at the moment all it does is return GST_FLOW_OK
_init (plugin): registers the plugin

It compiles fine, creating libgstoptrissrc.so. However, when I try

gst-inspect-1.0 libgstoptrissrc.so

it hangs. I know I am not doing much in my code, but since my class is derived from GstPushSrc, I understand I only need to override the 'create' method. I would expect 'create' to make things fail, as it does not produce buffers yet, but does that really affect gst-inspect?
I am not sure whether I should attach my code here or at Bugzilla, since it is neither a bug nor a patch.

Is there something obvious I may be missing?

Regards,

Luis de Arquer

P.S. Sorry if there is a long signature/disclaimer below, I can't do anything to prevent it...

Luis dArquer

Lotus F1 Team

T +44 (0) 1608 678000
E Luis.dArquer at lotusf1team.com
www.lotusf1team.com

[http://www.lotusf1team.com/assets/lf1.jpg]

Lotus F1 Team Limited
Enstone - Oxfordshire - OX7 4EE - England

Lotus F1 Team Limited Registered in England no. 1806337 Registered Office: 16 Old Bailey London EC4M 7EG WARNING: please ensure that you have adequate virus protection in place before you open or detach any documents attached to this email. This e-mail may constitute privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this confidential email and any attachments transmitted with it in error and you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on this information. E-mails to and from Lotus F1 Team are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices. The contents of this email are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the views of the company. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. If you have received this email in error please forward to: is.servicedesk at lotusf1team.com quoting the sender, then delete the message and any attached documents