ALSA Compress Offload support

Qais Yousef qais.yousef at imgtec.com
Fri Jan 16 03:51:31 PST 2015

On 01/13/2015 10:04 AM, Qais Yousef wrote:

> Maybe I specified the wrong name. In tinycompress they open the
> compressed device using open()[2]. I'm not familiar with alsalib and
> how it should handle this.
>
> [1] http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=tinycompress.git;a=summary
> [2]
> http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=tinycompress.git;a=blob;f=compress.c;h=15dfdb74137ed0d1c7d65d8318391ac75ae79ee4;hb=HEAD#l240

OK asking on alsa mailing list [1] what alsasink currently supports is
not what I am asking for. So back to my original question, what is the
best way to add support for alsa compress offload in gstreamer? I'm not
sure which is better to extend the current alsasink or create a new
(calsasink?) component. I think the latter is better to avoid making
alsasink too complex.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/133034