Use GstDeviceMonitor to list and monitor v4l2 radio devices

buda servantes budaservantes at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:48:11 PST 2015

I want to create a filter to monitored v4l2 radio device in my system. In
example from bellow, can monitor a v4l2 device with tv tuner but I want to
fiter out a radio tuner.

static gboolean
my_bus_func (GstBus * bus, GstMessage * message, gpointer user_data)
{
    GstDevice *device;
    gchar *name;

    switch (GST_MESSAGE_TYPE (message)) {
      case GST_MESSAGE_DEVICE_ADDED:
             gst_message_parse_device_added (message, &device);
             name = gst_device_get_display_name (device);
             g_print("Device added: %s\n", name);
             g_free (name);
             break;
      case GST_MESSAGE_DEVICE_REMOVED:
             gst_message_parse_device_removed (message, &device);
             name = gst_device_get_display_name (device);
             g_print("Device removed: %s\n", name);
             g_free (name);
             break;
      default:
             break;
    }

    return G_SOURCE_CONTINUE;
}

GstDeviceMonitor *
setup_raw_video_source_device_monitor (void) {
    GstDeviceMonitor *monitor;
    GstBus *bus;
    GstCaps *caps;

    monitor = gst_device_monitor_new ();

    bus = gst_device_monitor_get_bus (monitor);
    gst_bus_add_watch (bus, my_bus_func, NULL);
    gst_object_unref (bus);

    caps = gst_caps_new_empty_simple ("video/x-raw");
    gst_device_monitor_add_filter (monitor, "Video/Source", caps);
    gst_caps_unref (caps);

    gst_device_monitor_start (monitor);

    return monitor;
}