Building Gstreaming for Android with Cerbero. Adding plugins

Sérgio Agostinho sergio.r.agostinho at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 07:11:12 PST 2015

Hi folks,

I've been trying to build and package gstreamer for android using cerbero.
Additionally to what comes bundled by default, I've been trying to build
the static versions of video4linux2 and faac.

I've cloned cerbero from the repo, checked out tag 1.4.5. Currently my
config file has the following contents.

https://gist.github.com/SergioRAgostinho/9d252023507a83b41b49

import os
> from cerbero.config import Platform, Architecture, Distro, DistroVersion
>
> target_platform = Platform.ANDROID
> target_distro = Distro.ANDROID
> target_distro_version = DistroVersion.ANDROID_JELLY_BEAN
> target_arch = Architecture.ARMv7
>
> #variants = ['nodebug']
> variants = ['v4l2']
>

> toolchain_prefix = '/home/nexusdev/Development/3rdparty/android-ndk-r10d'

As you can see I added the v4l2 variant. I noticed that this created
the libgstvideo4linux2.so and libgstvideo4linux2.a but it only bundled
the shared library in the final package.

What are the steps I need to perform to also be able to build faac?

Do I need perform a cerbero wipe every time I change some recipe? I
only added the v4l2 variant after I made an initial build attempt and
I think the libraries were only built after I did wipe and requested
for cerbero to build the package again.

What do I need to target android-19 (kitkat)? I notice android.config
has this little snippet in it

> if target_distro_version == DistroVersion.ANDROID_GINGERBREAD:
>     v = '9'
> elif target_distro_version == DistroVersion.ANDROID_ICE_CREAM_SANDWICH:
>     v = '14'
> elif target_distro_version == DistroVersion.ANDROID_JELLY_BEAN:
>     v = '14'

Is adding another condition for ANDROID_KITKAT and setting v= '19' enough?

Sorry for the wall of text.
Cheers