Where is dvddemux in 1.2?

Derek Dolney gstreamer at dolney.com
Mon Jan 19 14:36:39 PST 2015

I am exploring using gst-launch to rip audio only from a DVD. The
manpage suggests I want to use dvddemux, but I don't find the plugin in
the gst-plugins-1.2.4 collection. At source file level there appears to
be no more mpegstream/gstdvddemux.{h,c} . Is there a replacement? How to
construct a pipeline to do this? I was thinking something like:

gst-launch -v playbin uri=dvd:// ! dvddemux ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! alsasink

at least to play the audio, can modify to write to file. Audio track on
DVD is LPCM.

Any suggestions for me?
Thank you in advance,
Derek