Gstreamer hardware decoder not working in android 5.0

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Jan 20 06:59:39 PST 2015

Le 2015-01-20 08:30, Gokul Vellingiri a écrit :
> I have added GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_CODECS plugin(androidmedia is listed under
> here).Take a look at my android.mk file.
>
> Android.mk
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4670367/Android.mk>
Yes, Sebastian just mentioned it. So you HW produce vendor pixel formats
which are unknown to GStreamer. Sometime these are not really new
formats, and we can map them to format we know. You'll need to find you
vendor Android code, and figure-out what these means. Then you could
propose a patch against gst-plugins-bad to add support for your HW.

cheers,
Nicolas