Know if someone is talking in a Push To Talk Scenario

able.eldhose able.eldhose at vvdntech.in
Tue Jan 20 22:35:32 PST 2015

Hi,

I am working on a project which needs a Push To Talk Application.
Half duplex communication scheme is used.
When some one presses PTT button audio gets streamed to a multicast group.

To understand my question well i will just mention a use case
Consider 4 USERS are there in a multicast group.

*    USER1 presses the PTT button and starts talking
*    At this time if any one say USER2 presses PTT button i need to inform
USER2 that USER1 is already
      talking (atleast that someone else is talking).
*    Also I need to inform USER1 that USER2 has now pressed PTT button.

Is there any api in gstreamer with which i can get these information
1) Whether someone else is streaming or not in that multicast group?
2) Retrieve info about the streaming user?

I am a novice in this area.
Pardon me if i am asking any basics